Saturday, December 31, 2011
like laffy-taffy
Someone once told me one of the most dangerous things you can pray is "stretch me", and of course, I prayed it...several times. Over the past two years, since I began asking God to stretch me, He has, like I'm a piece of laffy-taffy. Have you ever watched laffy-taffy being stretched. It gets so thin and you think it will break, but somehow it just keeps on stretching. There have been times over these last two years where I thought I would break. I felt so thin and fragile that I knew if one more thing pulled on me, I would fall apart. Even still, I am being stretched. I've come to somewhat recognize the process. I don't like it, but I know the stretching will not break me. I actually have sort of stopped praying for it too, but it's still happening. Sometimes I wonder why I ever prayed those words to begin with. I wanted to grow. I wanted God to push my limits. I wanted to be so shattered of myself that I had to completely count on Him. I'm learning to trust Him as He stretches me. I'm learning to have faith that the end result will be worth the pain and pulling and dying to myself. It will be worth giving up my own desires and plans. It will be worth the fear and frustration. The victory and the fruit will make all the battles worth it. So, even though it scares me and I hate it, I hope by the end of this coming year, I can say God has stretched me even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment