"I am afraid, for no one's ever sacrificed and loved me this way. So on my face I fall under your heavy grace. Here I lay in awe and wonder." -I Wonder by Leeland-
Have you ever been overwhelmed by God's grace? So overwhelmed that it felt heavy, like this song describes? Jesus tells me to take His yoke because it is easy and his burden is light, but sometimes just His grace feels heavy. I've been sharing John 3:17 with Spaniards as I have the opportunity to share His words. It explains how God sent Jesus into the world to save, not to condemn. The grace of God. God wants to save the world. The world, full of sinners whom God abhors, full of sin on which He cannot even look upon. Full of the most wicked imaginations and evil disgusting acts. This is the world that He looked down to and thought it was worth forsaking His only child. Unbelievable. What love, what grace He is capable of! The song above says no one has ever sacrficied and loved me this way. Can you think of anyone else in your life who has sacrificed in this magnitude? He loves us in a way that is bigger and more grand than anyone on earth is capable of. God thought about me, about you, and decided we were worth it. He calls us to sacrifice. To sacrifice our lives and present them to him. There are days I do not sacrifice for Him. There are days I keep my life for myself. This is insane and irrational. The reasonable thing is to give all I have, can, all of me to Him. Is He worth it? Is He worth it to you? Is He worth getting up early and spending time with Him in prayer, listening, pouring out your soul to Him. Is He worth studying and meditating on His Words. Is He worth singing about, lifting your hands, opening your mouth to praise or to tell this world about the greatest love you have ever experienced? I have experienced His love, and I believe with all my heart it is worth sharing. Don't hoard this love for yourself. Give it freely. Give it on purpose. Live like He is worth it, every day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_45BT0cLuE&feature=related
No comments:
Post a Comment