Tuesday, March 20, 2012

change of heart

In the weeks and months before we came to Spain, I remember writing in our eNewsletter updates about how we had this deep longing to be in Spain. Specifically, I remember writing that our "hearts are in Spain". I had no idea the truth of that statement. A few months ago, amidst culture crisis, team growth, family challenges, and everything, I admit, I had a desire to go back to the States. Life was easier there, comfortable. But now, it makes me honestly a bit deflated. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to see my family and friends, and to encourage others with what God has been doing in our lives, but when I think about leaving Spain, it breaks my heart. Here is the hard reality. We are lacking in financial support, and unless we raise 100% of our support in the two months we will be in the States, we will not be allowed to return to Spain. Avant has requirements, and we are going to try with all our might to meet those requirements. We want so badly to be here. There is such a need for the gospel here. I've never met so many people in such a short time who do not know or do not believe the gospel. There is literally a pit in my stomach when I think about not being able to return to Spain. I know that God will give peace with whatever happens, but I desire to stay here. So, I say all this to show how God truly has brought our hearts to Spain. We are planning to be home the first week of June until the first week of August. During this time we have to almost double our support. We also need to find renters or buyers for our house in Springfield. It would be really difficult to be paying for a house in the States and an apartment in Spain. So, there are the facts, and I ask you to please pray about this situation. We want to be here. We want to be back here in August. Pray for God to provide and for Him to give peace in whatever the outcome is. I'm so thankful that God has called us here for this season, and that He has really given us hearts for the people of Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment